Setting up Visual Studio 2015 Preview on your PC
We have created a versions file describing the supported versions of the required tools. Use this as a blueprint for installing the required tools on your PC:
- 安装 Windows 10
- 安装 Visual Studio 2015 预览版
- 安装可选组件Universal Windows App Development Tools，并在下一步确认将要安装的组件列表中包含 “Tools and Windows SDK” 和 “Emulators for Windows Mobile”.
从开发 PC 工作站连接到 Windows 10 IoT 内核设备
There are two options for connecting to your Windows 10 IoT Core device from your development PC:
Option 1: Plug your device into your local network
The easiest way to connect to your device is to plug it into a local network that your development PC is already connected to. Plug the Ethernet cable from the device into a hub or switch on your network. To keep things simple, it’s best if you have a DHCP server (such as a router) present on your network so the device gets an IP address when it boots.
Option 2: Connecting your Windows 10 IoT Core device directly to your PC & setting up Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
If you don’t have a local network to plug your device into, you can create a direct connection to your PC. In order to connect and share the internet connection in your PC with your IoT Core device, you must have the following:
- A spare Ethernet port on your development machine. This can be either an extra PCI Ethernet card or a USB-to-Ethernet dongle.
- An Ethernet cable to link your development machine to your IoT Core device.
Follow the instructions below to enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on your PC
- Open up the control panel by right-clicking on the Windows button and selecting Control Panel, or by opening up a command prompt window and typingcontrol.exe
- In the search box of the control panel, type adapter
- Under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections
- Right-click the connection that you want to share, and click Properties
- Click the Sharing tab, and select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection box.
After you have enabled ICS on your PC, you can now connect your Windows 10 IoT Core device directly to your PC. You can do it by plugging in one end of the spare Ethernet cable to the extra Ethernet port on your PC, and the other end of the cable to the Ethernet port on your IoT Core device. Note:
- The Sharing tab won’t be available if you have only one network connection.