Method 1 - PowerSchool
Customers can restart the PowerSchool Services within the PowerSchool /admin portal.
- Log in to PowerSchool.
- Navigate to: Start Page > System > System Settings > Reset Server.
- Select the services that should be restarted immediately:
- Select the Restart the OLTP tomcat service (includes PowerSchool) checkbox to restart PowerSchool and PowerTeacher. Otherwise, deselect the checkbox.
- Select the Restart the OLAP tomcat service (includes ReportWorks) checkbox to restart ReportWorks. Otherwise, deselect the checkbox.
- Click Restart selected services now.
Note: Based on the selected option, the system will go down momentarily until the service has been restarted.
Method 2 - PowerSchool Installer
Services can also be restarted and stopped within the PowerSchool Installer on the application server:
- On the PowerSchool server, navigate to X:\Program Files\PowerSchool\.
- Double-click PowerSchool Installer.html. The PowerSchool Installer launches, and the Configure Server page appears.
- Under Service Management, click one of the following options:
- Restart PowerSchool/PowerTeacher Services
- Restart ReportWorks Services
- After making a selection, the Confirmation page appears.
- Click Confirm to proceed with the restart.